Since our founding in 1930, Mandelbaum Barrett has been committed to providing our clients with the highest level of personal, hands-on attention to their legal needs. With 90+ attorneys (and growing) and 7 offices in New Jersey, New York, Colorado, and Florida, we are rated as one of the Best Places to Work and one of the Best Law Firms in New Jersey. What sets us apart is our people-centered culture, where we strive to recognize, reward, and unite our attorneys and staff.
Purpose of Role:
The ideal candidate is someone with healthcare experience working on mergers and acquisitions and other business transactions. The firm offers a collaborative working environment, high quality of work, and competitive compensation.
- Handle healthcare mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, partnerships, employment arrangements, management arrangements, lease arrangements, etc.
- Draft/negotiate corporate and transactional documents, such as operating agreements, management agreements, employment/independent contractor agreements, purchase agreements, leases, billing services agreements, etc., in the medical, pharmacy, dentistry, veterinary and hospital space
- JD from an accredited law school
- Must have Bar admission in NJ; NY is a plus
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in the in an intensive health care law environment
- Familiarity with healthcare laws and regulations is a plus (specifically, healthcare fraud and abuse, including the Stark Law and Anti-Kickback Statute, ERKA, corporate practice of the profession and fee-splitting laws)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and various other accounting and document management-based software
- Knowledge of electronic digital documentation and e-discovery matters
- Intrinsically motivated, self-starter with strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Position also requires the ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines
- Strong commercial/business acumen with the ability to deliver creative and pragmatic solutions and advice
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and writing skills required for this role, along with outstanding academic credentials
Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. For more information on our firm and our culture, visit us at https://www.mblawfirm.com/
Please send resume and cover letter to Human Resources: email@example.com.