- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- New York City Bar Association
- Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers of New Jersey
- Former Co-Chair, Essex County Bar Association, Criminal Law Committee
- Former Barrister, Willard Heckel Inn of Court, Rutgers Law School
Damian P. Conforti is a Partner of the firm, and co-chair of its Hospitality Services Practice Group and co-chair of its White Collar and Criminal Defense Practice Group. On the hospitality side, Damian represents owners of hotels, retail stores, entertainment venues and corporate office parks. Hospitality managers are charged with making decisions that have legal implications for their owners on a daily basis. Damian routinely counsels management on all aspects of business operations, including guest or customer complaints, employer-employee relations, regulatory and administrative compliance, land use, commercial leasing, purchase agreements, financing, and personal injury claims, among others.
With respect to white collar and complex commercial litigation, Damian represents individuals and businesses in a wide array of disputes, including director and officer liability lawsuits, shareholder derivative actions, and health care, governmental and criminal investigations.
Damian has been routinely named to the list of Best Lawyers in America and New Jersey Super Lawyers.
*No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey or the American Bar Association. A description of the standard or methodology used by Super Lawyers and Best Lawyers can be found on their respective websites.
- “Reel Ethics,” Webinar, Morris County Bar Association, May 5, 2021
- Sustaining Your Dental Practice in the COVID-19 World: How to Navigate Insurance Reimbursements, Avoid Clawbacks and Maximize Your Practice Value,” Webinar, March 24, 2021
- “New Jersey and New York Commandeer Critical Medical Supplies,” Mandelbaum Barrett Alert, April 9, 2020
- “How Much Are You Charging For Medical Supplies? The Federal Government Wants to Know,” Mandelbaum Barrett Alert, March 25, 2020
- “Would You Like Fraud With That? Examining Pharmacy Enforcement.” Lecture, American Bar Association’s 16th Annual Washington Law Summit, December 11, 2018
- Served as lead defense counsel for a municipality and its commissioners accused of constitutional and civil rights violations in a federal district court trial.
- Secured a FINRA no-action letter for a broker-dealer accused of improper solicitation and unauthorized investment activity.
- Achieved the withdrawal of tax evasion and federal program fraud charges against the founder of a non-profit agency.
- Obtained a dismissal of behalf of a client accused of accounting malpractice and ethical violations by New Jersey’s State Board of Accountancy.
- Successfully defended a chiropractor and proprietor of a pain management practice investigated by the New Jersey State Board of Chiropractic Examiners.
- Led a team of former law enforcement officers in the internal investigation resulting in the removal of a corporate officer from a closely-held textile distribution company for misappropriation of company funds and materials.
- Successfully defended an executive of a closely-held company from federal allegations of kickbacks, bribery and honest services fraud in connection with the executive’s procurement of IT staffing contracts with a publicly-traded company.
- Negotiated the dismissal of federal criminal complaint alleging health care claims fraud and honest services fraud against physician and health care practice.
- Obtained dismissal of all insurance fraud charges referred to Office of Insurance Fraud Prosecutor on behalf of a pain management physician.
Deal Alert: Mandelbaum Barrett represented a major real estate developer in the consolidation and refinancing of 7 separate loans secured by 7 shopping malls
May 19, 2022Deal Alert: Mandelbaum Barrett represented a major real estate developer in the consolidation and refinancing of 7 separate loans secured by 7 shopping malls into a $75,000,000 loan that allowed the borrowers to reduce its other obligations and provide it with additional funds for future acquisitions and renovations for its ongoing projects. The team included Jeffrey […]
New Jersey Order Releasing Inmates
March 23, 2020March 23, 2020 Damian P. Conforti In consideration of the need to reduce the county jail population to mitigate risks posed by COVID-19, the Supreme Court of New Jersey issued a Consent Order yesterday commuting or suspending jail sentences for certain inmates currently serving county jail sentences. However, the prospect of release is not guaranteed […]
Mandelbaum Barrett is proud to announce 17 of our attorneys have been named to the Best Lawyers in America 2023 list.
August 18, 202215 years of recognition: Barry R. Mandelbaum, Steven Adler, Jeffrey M Rosenthal and Michael Saffer 10 years of recognition: Jeffrey Cappola, Gordon C. Duus, Arthur D. Grossman, Owen T. Hughes and Barry Schwartz William Barrett, David Carton, Damian Conforti, Rebecca Frino, Raj Gadhok, Martin D. Hauptman, Esq., Steven Holt and Lynne Strober *No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey or the American […]
Congratulations to Mandelbaum Barrett Partners Damian Conforti, Raj Gadhok and Casey Gocel who were named to the Morris/Essex Health & Life Magazine – Essex County’s Top Lawyers List for 2022.
June 27, 2022The selection process involved attorneys throughout the county being asked to select peers whom they deem are the best within their practice area and whom they would seek out for particular legal needs. Learn more here.
Partner Damian Conforti, Esq. shares his experience representing a client in the hospitality industry in this month’s issue of The Commerce and Industry Association of NJ’s “Commerce.”
May 11, 2022In May’s edition, focused on hospitality and tourism in New Jersey, Editor Miles Epstein compiles examples of how accounting, banking and law firms help hospitality clients achieve long-term success. “On behalf of a franchisee, Mandelbaum Barrett PC successfully ejected a hotel guest who was not paying for his room and refused to leave the hotel. The firm commenced […]
Mandelbaum Barrett is pleased to announce that fourteen of our attorneys have been selected by their peers to the New Jersey Super Lawyers List* for 2022.
March 17, 2022Steven Adler, Michael Bevacqua, Andrew Bronsnick (**10th year as Super Lawyer and on the Top 100 list), Arla D. Cahill, David Carton, Damian Conforti, Doug Eilender, Raj Gadhok, Arthur Grossman, Barry Mandelbaum, Richard Miller, Michael Saffer, Robert C. Scrivo, Lynne Strober. In addition, the Firm is excited to announce that four of our attorneys were named to the Rising Stars list for 2022, which recognizes the top up-and-coming […]