Since our founding in 1930, Mandelbaum Barrett has been committed to providing our clients with the highest level of personal, hands-on attention to their legal needs. With 90+ attorneys (and growing) and 7 offices in New Jersey, New York, Colorado, and Florida, we are rated as one of the Best Places to Work and one of the Best Law Firms in New Jersey. What sets us apart is our people-centered culture, where we strive to recognize, reward, and unite our attorneys and staff.
Purpose of Role:
We are seeking to hire a Commercial Litigation Associate for the firm’s Roseland, NJ office. The firm offers a collaborative working environment, high quality of work, and competitive compensation. The ideal candidate has a minimum of 3+ years of litigation experience working on large, sophisticated commercial litigation cases, with excellent writing skills and academic credentials as well as a desire and passion for appearing and arguing before state and federal trial and appellate courts.
- Independently manage a litigation caseload, working cases from beginning to end
- Exposure to transactional matters as well
- Work closely with other attorneys and Partners on legal projects
- Represent clients in a wide range of civil litigation claims
- Draft and respond to discovery, prepare, and respond to briefs, motions, Orders to Show Cause and the like
- Attend depositions, court hearings and arbitrations
- Communicate with courts, clients, and adversaries
- JD from an accredited law school
- Must have Bar admission in NJ; NY or other states are a plus
- Minimum 3 years of sophisticated commercial litigation experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and various other accounting and document management-based software
- Knowledge of electronic digital documentation and e-discovery matters
- Intrinsically motivated, self-starter with strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong commercial/business acumen with the ability to deliver creative and pragmatic solutions and advice
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and writing skills required for this role, along with outstanding academic credentials
Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. For more information on our firm and our culture, visit us at https://www.mblawfirm.com/
Please send resume and cover letter to Director of Human Resources email@example.com.