Mandelbaum Barrett PC, PC congratulates Co-Chair of Matrimonial and Family Law, David S. Carton, on his recent recertification in Matrimonial Law by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
What is a certified matrimonial law attorney?
Taken from the NJ Judiciary’s website, a certified matrimonial law attorney is an attorney who is “able to demonstrate sufficient levels of experience, education, knowledge, and skill in matrimonial law practice.” Here in New Jersey, matrimonial lawyers who are certified by the Supreme Court must demonstrate an abiding emphasis on family and matrimonial law, including in such difficult areas as high net worth divorces and complex child custody disputes.
As of December 2016, approximately 1,650 attorneys are Certified out of roughly 75,000 active lawyers in New Jersey. This is only 2% of all active attorneys in New Jersey, making David and other Certified attorneys at Mandelbaum Barrett PC prominent members of the legal community. To qualify and be considered for Certification, attorneys must meet the following requirements:
- More than five years of good standing with the New Jersey Bar
- The successful completion of various ongoing continuing legal education requirements
- Favorable evaluations and references by judges and attorneys who are familiar with their work
- Verifying that they have completed the mandatory number of trials in the Supreme Court of the State of New Jersey
- The successful completion of a written test, which demonstrates their experience in trial practice issues and procedures
Mandelbaum Barrett PC also has Certified Civil Trial Attorneys, Joseph J. Discenza and Andrew R. Bronsnick. For more information about the attorney certification program please visit: www.njcourts.gov/attorneys/certification.
Contact our Matrimonial and Family Law attorneys today
At Mandelbaum Barrett PC, PC we take pride in providing highly knowledgeable, effective and experienced family law and divorce counsel to clients, inclusive of Certified Matrimonial Law Attorneys.
To speak with our legal team today regarding any kind of family law matter you may be facing including divorce, child custody, prenuptial agreements, domestic violence, LGBTQIA+ matters, post-judgement disputes, appeals and more, please contact us online or call our Roseland office at 973-736-4600.