The New Jersey Department of Treasury has announced an important deadline for senior residents looking to apply for the Senior Freeze Reimbursement program. The deadline for filing applications is October 31, 2023, so eligible residents need to act promptly.
To qualify for this program, applicants must meet specific criteria:
- Age or Disability: Applicants must be 65 years of age or older or classified as disabled, with social security benefits received on or before December 31, 2021.
- Residency: You must have been a continuous resident of New Jersey since December 31, 2011, or earlier.
- Home Ownership: You should own your home or have lived in it, or leased a site in a mobile home park where you placed a mobile home, since December 31, 2018, or earlier.
- Tax Payments: Property taxes or mobile home site fees for 2021 and 2022 should have been paid on time.
- Income Limit: Your income should not exceed $99,735.
Notably, for the first time, applications for this program can be submitted online, making it more convenient for eligible residents.
Looking ahead to the next filing season, the income limit for the program is set to increase to $150,000, and the ten-year residency requirement will be repealed.
This program provides essential tax relief to eligible seniors and disabled individuals in New Jersey, so don’t miss the October 31st deadline to apply for the Senior Freeze Reimbursement program.