Hilary Brunell is Counsel to the Firm’s Litigation Practice Group and specializes in appellate advocacy. She earned her law degree at George Washington University in 1979. Following graduation, she clerked for the Honorable John F. Crane of the New Jersey Appellate Division and then joined the Essex County Prosecutor’s Office in Newark, New Jersey. In 1998, she became Deputy First Assistant Prosecutor and in 1999 she was named Executive Assistant Prosecutor.
Ms. Brunell has authored the following publications:
- Crawford v. Washington, The Chronicle (Essex County Bar Association 2004)
- How Appealing is Your Case: Eight Considerations that May Influence a Decision to Appeal, The Appellate Prosecutor (Prosecution Services, LLC 2005).
- State of New Jersey
- State of District of Columbia
- United States Supreme Court
- George Washington University School of Law, J.D., 1978
- Syracuse University, Maxwell School, B.A., Phi Beta Kappa, Magna cum laude, 1975